Care to learn more?
Call or Email Us
107 W Torrance Blvd., #200
Redondo Beach, CA 90277
2828 N Central Ave., #100
Phoenix, AZ 85004
Send us the below info and Leonardo will reach out quickly to discuss our approach to managing your specific property.
In a hurry? Just call us at 213-674-4140.
IMPORTANT NOTE: PLEASE PASTE YOUR COVER LETTER AND RESUME INTO THE BODY OF YOUR EMAIL. DO NOT SEND ATTACHMENTS!
Our current position searches are below. If we’re not hiring your specific expertise at the moment, rest assured that our search to grow our team in on-going encourage your resume submission to enter our queue when the need arises.
HR MANAGER, Redondo Beach
The HR Manager will report directly to the executive team (President, VP, and Director of Operations) and will be responsible with the further development and expansion upon the existing the HR platform.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Employee relations, performance management, onboarding, policy implementation
- Overseeing payroll process
- Managing the company Benefits Plan for employees. This will include finding the best providers and implementing any changes
- Managing the annual performance review process
- Managing the full recruitment process, including online websites, university co-op boards, and negotiating recruiter rates
- Updating company policy and procedures with revisions when needed to ensure compliance with employment guidelines/laws.
The qualified candidate must have:
- Minimum of 3 years of HR experience for an entity of 50 employees or more;
- A track record of successfully establishing partnerships and providing professional human resources services in an effort to positively influence organizational performance and results;
- Experience recruiting staff in a real estate/property management or similar environment;
- Strong organizational and time management skills;
- Strong communication, both written and oral;
- Experience managing/overseeing payroll processing a plus;
- SPHR certification preferred;
- Bachelor’s degree preferred;
- Ability to develop cross-functional relationships at all levels of the organization internally and externally;
- Ability to collect, assimilate and analyze data. Must be proficient in Excel and extremely detail-oriented; And,
- Intimate knowledge of state and federal employment law including HR technical knowledge of Equal Employment, Affirmative Action, Family Medical Leave Act, Americans with Disabilities Act, unemployment, and worker’s compensation, investigation processes, compensation practices, and benefit programs;
REGIONAL MANAGER, Los Angeles
- Minimum 10 years multi-family industry experience starting with your time as a leasing superstar which quickly earned you a promotion into the captain’s chair
- Strong financial skills and financial acumen. You’d better know your way around Excel. We speak cash flow statement here and if you don’t know it there’s frankly no time to teach you.
- Yardi Voyager 6.0 expert. Not kidding. Also no time to teach you this.
- Understanding of Tenant and Fair Housing Law (I know, I know you been through a million classes already but our lawyers want us to say this.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Service-oriented, team player with a great attitude. Owners can be tough- you have to deliver bad news with grace and celebrate good news looking like the Numa Numa guy (and if you have to Google Numa Numa you also need not apply).
- Experience in the Los Angeles market is a plus.
- College Degree or Property Management Certification/Accreditation preferred.
Responsibilities of Regional Manager are never-ending, but here are a few key ones to mention.
- Have fun. This is at times a terrible, thankless business and if you can’t laugh and find the humor in all this craziness you can’t hang out with us. Yes, you’re a management stud (that’s a gender-neutral stud, by the way) but you better be able to take a joke.
- On to business – you need to conduct regular visits to properties within your portfolio and perform our “Standards Of Excellence” audits
- Analyze the specific challenges of each property, advise owners of solutions and monitor results.
- Assist in the preparation of the annual operating budget.
- Generate monthly operating reports in conjunction with property managers, including reforecasts, accruals and variance reports.
- Review and approve non-budgeted expenditures.
- Development and monitor marketing plans for each property.
- Monitor performance of on-site maintenance teams.
- Oversee the execution of all vendor contracts.
- Intercede when tenants issues cannot be solved by the managers
- Evaluates manager’s performance and complete annual performance reviews.
- Attend to the training needs of the staff at each property
- Advises and assists Property Manager with evictions
- Hold weekly staff meetings and participate in management meetings with executive team members and owners
- Attends all meetings or inspections with owners, investors, and government agencies
GENERAL MANAGER, Los Angeles
- Minimum 7 years multi-family industry experience including management, leasing and resident relations
- Rent Control experience preferred
- Strong bookkeeping skills and financial acumen
- Yardi Voyager 6.0 experience is a must. No exceptions.
- Understanding of Tenant and Fair Housing Law
- Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
- Service-oriented, team player with a great attitude
- Experience with high-end apartments or hotels is a plus
- College Degree or Property Management Certification/Accreditation preferred
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Manage all leasing, customer service, maintenance and accounting functions for the property.
- Prepare, process, and oversee the process of Rental/Lease Agreements. Sign all Rental Agreements & related forms.
- Oversee the process of collecting and posting all rents, tracking collections, pursuing delinquent accounts, issuing notices to residents and attend eviction proceedings in court as needed.
- Resolve resident problems in a timely and courteous manner. Escalate serious issues to the Regional Manager.
- Actively monitor and manage the property marketing plan.
- Interview, hire, train and supervise all employees in under the direction of the Regional Manager.
- Maintain and participate in a constant and thorough training program with employees to ensure they are providing unparalleled customer service, closing the maximum number of leases, and maintaining proper files records.
- Direct the maintenance staff to insure that unit turns are completed in a timely and cost-effective manner, adherence to preventative maintenance program, and all work orders are resolved in a swift and friendly fashion.
- Supervise outside contractors working at the community; review all contracts prior to approval by the Regional Manager.
- Operate the property within the established budget and alert the Regional Manager of any significant variances. Review monthly financials and determine all necessary accruals.